Sorry for the lack of posts this past week! I’m not sure if I mentioned previously but I’m a teacher and man, sometimes I get so bogged down. At some other time I’ll fill you in on the wonders of high school social studies. All I can say for now is 6 meetings in 3 days—craziness!!!!
Now, to the work at hand! I am going to make a pair of fingerless gloves for both of my sister-in-laws. Okay, great, sounds easy, right? No!!!! There are so many patterns available and well, as I mentioned before, I still have a ways to go with my knitting skills.
Here’s what I’m considering when making my choice:
· What can I be successful in knitting? I don’t want to get in over my head or begin throwing yarn and needles all around the room.
· What would my sister-in-laws like the most and actually use?
· Which pattern would work well with the yarn I already have in my stash?
The choices are from top to bottom:
· Daisy Stitch Hand Warmers from Purl Bee: I really like these but I’m not sure that I can do them!!!
· Motley Mitts from Interweave Knits: I like these and I think I have the perfect yarn for them!
· Greenway Fingerless Gloves from Purl Bee: I like the simplicity of these as well as the detailing by the fingers.
· Toast and Toasty from A Friend to Knit With: These look doable as well but they are a bit longer than the others. These may be suitable for one sister and not the other.
· Blue Diamond Fingerless Mitts from elann.com: These are so pretty but again, I fear my skill level is not there yet!
The choice: Motley Mitts for Laura, Toast or Toasty for Jennifer. Who knew that deciding what to knit was such a huge decision! I promise to include updates as I go along!